If you’re a committed, dedicated trainer, then you work too hard and sacrifice too much to let your own competitive performance be disrupted by mental errors. The mental toughness techniques in sports psychology are just what you need to get your performance or team back on the fast track!
To realize your full potential, you have to start training your mind as well as your body! Just as you develop physical skills and techniques, you must learn to develop these sports psychology mental skills.
What are these mental skills?
- Staying relaxed under pressure.
- Focusing on what’s important and letting go of what you can’t control.
- Rebounding from mistakes, bad breaks and failures.
- Handling negative thinking.
- Using mental rehearsal for upcoming shows.
- Motivating yourself by setting personal short and log term goals.
- Recognizing mental traps and avoiding them.
- Developing self-confidence and a positive, go-for-it attitude.
Do you want to learn more about mental toughness training?
You work hard with your dog to achieve success, now is the time to work on your mental toughness!!!
Here are a few books that I recommend to students.
Thinking Body, Dancing Mind: Taosports for Extraordinary Performance in Athletics, Business, and Life
by Chungliang Al Huang (Author), Jerry Lynch (Contributor)
That Winning Feeling!: Program Your Mind for Peak Performance,
by Robert Dover (Foreword by) by Jane Savoie (Author)
Also Kathy Keats has some wonderful books and courses on mental training.
Here her website
Click on the link or image and it will take you to affiliate Amazon.